I once counseled a friend to take time to think. I was ridiculed for such an offering. Having no time to think themselves - the others in the room thought it a humourus thing to suggest. They have no idea of the impact that night has had on my life.

09 June 2005

Violin


images
Originally uploaded by joshuahanauer.
Over the short years of my life I have discovered many pursuits which bring me happiness. Save doing a backflip off a diving board, I will try most anything. In fact, I usually throw myself into activities with both feet and my wallet too.

The violin will not be the exception. Instead, it will be an anthropological study on learning and patience. Perhaps the research will never be read in the university classroom, but it will be ground breaking. For I have only limited experience with anthropology and I have never studied the violin.

It all begins friday in a small town in Indiana. I will be sure to write frequent updates to tell stories of progress.

side note:

Tomorrow I work 24 hours on Ambulance 9 - that means I will get no sleep.

No comments: