I once counseled a friend to take time to think. I was ridiculed for such an offering. Having no time to think themselves - the others in the room thought it a humourus thing to suggest. They have no idea of the impact that night has had on my life.

14 June 2005

home away


e51
Originally uploaded by joshuahanauer.
Good morning. I am home from a day with Engine 51 in College Hill. It is a small neighborhood with a small firehouse that is not very busy. We did have a fire - it was in a dumpster, 30 feet away from an apartment building - but a fire just the same.

I have recently decided to spend the last week of June at Shiloh in upstate New York. More details as they arrive. I will serve as the camp EMT for one week and then return to prepare for Mexico.

It seems I am busier than I thought I would be, but very happy with my situation in life.

More thoughtful writing in the days to come.

1 comment:

Chris Ewing said...

hey that's just a block away from my old house on Cedar Ave.

Good memories of College Hill