I once counseled a friend to take time to think. I was ridiculed for such an offering. Having no time to think themselves - the others in the room thought it a humourus thing to suggest. They have no idea of the impact that night has had on my life.

20 June 2005

Thinking


the thinker
Originally uploaded by joshuahanauer.
Recently it was suggested by a new friend that I write more about the foundation of this small window into my world. While explaining to my new friend that I enjoy sitting and thinking, he inquired as to when I began the practice and where I like to think best. Finally, he wanted me to write about the expansive topic and here we find ourselves.

The sculpture is surely fitting. This is Rodin���'s The Thinker Statue, a piece he used to call The Poet ��� representing Dante. Perhaps you don���t know of Auguste or Dante, but most know The Thinker.

What other action evokes so much curiosity? For in the action itself is contained as much variety as stars in an infinite universe. If I tell you that I am thinking ��� you ask, ���What about?��� And here lies the source of contention. It is so, because everyone is thinking. It is the subject that separates us into our groupings.

In the days to come I will explore this thought with my own mind. For now I must practice my violin and prepare for Maurie to be home. Today has been very enjoyable.

No comments: