I once counseled a friend to take time to think. I was ridiculed for such an offering. Having no time to think themselves - the others in the room thought it a humourus thing to suggest. They have no idea of the impact that night has had on my life.

15 July 2007

"I have intended more."

Spent the weekend listening to Neil Cole speak on the Organic Church movement in mid-Ohio. Allen Coffman was up from Tennessee for a workshop on raising up organic leaders in Columbus on Saturday. Sunday was in Dayton with Allen, the James family, Maurie and myself. The focus was on five-fold ministry from Eph. 4.11. Our time was well spent and I thought and learned quite and bit.
Since I last wrote, much has occurred in my life. Riley Jo is but days away and we cannot wait to meet her. Maurie and I decided to leave our church home in order to join and/or plant some home churches. We had mom and dad out for coffee to give them the news and then met with the elders to tell them as well. As you can imagine, it made for difficult conversation and some more of those conversations are yet to come. However, we trust that God will provide all that we need to live the life that He has called us to. The workshops this weekend were a large blessing to us and came just in time. We are in a wilderness of sorts and hearing God's voice is becoming vital to our lives - more vital than ever before. Along those lines, I am actively seeking out a mentor and someone I can be a mentor to. I hope this search will not last long and that I can get to work on myself and my relationship with God.
Work is flowing right along and there is nothing new to report. EMS runs to make and fires to put out. Simply trying to listen as never before.

No comments: