I once counseled a friend to take time to think. I was ridiculed for such an offering. Having no time to think themselves - the others in the room thought it a humourus thing to suggest. They have no idea of the impact that night has had on my life.

13 November 2006

It has become about more than just frustration with my tradition; this urging to (I don't want to say escape) embrace more of what should be Kindom living. It is fueled by links to websites where folks have written things like:

Now I'm going to say something harsh: In order to BE the Church, we need to leave the church. In other words, in order to truly become God's people as he intended, we must abandon our cultural version of organizational church. The application of this statement might vary, but it must happen.

Last night we had LifeGroups at my house. I participated in the 5K race in the morning and Maurie and I missed worship with the church. However, I'm not sure I "missed" it at all.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Put a post on my blog in response to your post.