I once counseled a friend to take time to think. I was ridiculed for such an offering. Having no time to think themselves - the others in the room thought it a humourus thing to suggest. They have no idea of the impact that night has had on my life.

24 March 2006

Missing Church

Have you even seen "Office Space"? Funny movie. At one point, while being interviewed about what he does for Inatech - our main character is told that he has been "missing a lot of work lately". He replies, "I wouldn't say I've been missing it Bob." They share a laugh and move on.

A friend from Drill School called two days ago. We are actually neighbors - he bought a house two streets down from mine. Anyway, he asked if I was working my off day, because he is bored out of his mind. Then, as if he were confessing to me, he told me he had been trying some local churches out. Mind you, this guys is not exactly what you think of when you think of a single guy going to church, but I think it was a moment for him to reach out. I told him what time we started worship at Central and he said he would be there - not this week with work, but next.

1 comment:

joshua r hanauer said...

adam - seems like it has been too long since i last saw you and your family. really looking forward to the weekend and some time with you guys.

as for your relationships and mine - this is what it is all about. i love the way you put it - create conversation that will push him closer to the kingdom. that's it. that is it.

maurie is gone for the weekend and so i have been on my own. i know you have too, for quite a while i understand. blessings on you, emily, kylie and the one to be. i love you brother and miss you a great deal. talk soon.

jrh