I once counseled a friend to take time to think. I was ridiculed for such an offering. Having no time to think themselves - the others in the room thought it a humourus thing to suggest. They have no idea of the impact that night has had on my life.

11 August 2005

Unfinished

It seems that several people I know have had reason to celebrate recently and, though I will not go into all the situations, I do want to mention one man in the crowd.

Chuck Jones is a guy I used to know. We worshipped at the same small church in Nashville and went to the same university for three semesters. He is a singer, songwriter from Texas and has never given up the dream. Chuck would play coffee shops on Vanderbilt's campus and Shamblen Theatre on occasion. He writes about the raw side of life sometimes and other times you can't quit laughing at the words and tone.

I am not good at finishing things - this I come to realize the hard way. But Chuck has made it - at least by some standard. When all the guys from the Aggregate left him for families and jobs, Chuck hung in there. So, download iTunes from Apple and sample his stuff. Search Southpaw Jones and I think you'll like what you hear.

Finish something today - for me.

No comments: