I once counseled a friend to take time to think. I was ridiculed for such an offering. Having no time to think themselves - the others in the room thought it a humourus thing to suggest. They have no idea of the impact that night has had on my life.

08 July 2005

More Than


Red Eye
Originally uploaded by uujenna.
Isn't this a cute kid? I have no idea who she is, where the picture was taken or any of the necessary details that come with showing someone a photo. It is just a picture.

But to a precious few the girl represented on your screen is a daughter, a sister, a new best friend. Either way, she is more than just a kid with a Crayon.

Adam writes that God has placed me exactly where I ought be. What are the chances of that happening? Should I start playing the Ohio lotto - am I that lucky? And if I am where I should be, are you where you should be?

Adam also writes that I am more than a firefighter and this is the crucial point I better not miss out on. True, I am where I am and it could be right where God wants me. But, if I were somewhere else, God would need me there too. The will of God for my life is not like the double bulls in a game of darts. Nope, the will of God in my life is much more like a canvas with lots of paint and lots of space.

Allow God to use you today as you teach, while you drive, and amongst your free time. Be God's hands while you paint the masterpiece of a lifetime.

No comments: