I once counseled a friend to take time to think. I was ridiculed for such an offering. Having no time to think themselves - the others in the room thought it a humourus thing to suggest. They have no idea of the impact that night has had on my life.

07 May 2006

300 Maple


3 Alarm
Originally uploaded by joshuahanauer.
Last night I was participating in a wedding across town from where my crew was working this 3 alarm fire about 2 blocks from our firehouse. My buddy called to say thanks for the trade and the guys called to say I missed another big one. See, this has happened before. I have traded tours for various reasons and missed multi-alarm fires in the past. This one was intense in that there was a smoke explosion inside the building which sent one from my crew to University Hospital.

The wedding was nice enough and I got some compliments on what I said, but it would have been great to go to work on a beautiful Saturday afternoon yesterday. So it goes, there will be others.

No comments: