I once counseled a friend to take time to think. I was ridiculed for such an offering. Having no time to think themselves - the others in the room thought it a humourus thing to suggest. They have no idea of the impact that night has had on my life.

28 September 2005

Kyiv


Kyiv
Originally uploaded by joshuahanauer.
Our flight for Ukraine leaves in just over 10 days and I am ready for some time away. Friends are preparing for our arrival and most of the logistics have been worked out. We will stay at the Ukrainian Education Center - a place that has undergone some change since we last saw it. Days will be filled with visits and at night we will see those we could not be with during the day. I know several are taking vacation days to be with us. We have been asked to participate in the church's retreat and I will be preaching on Sunday morning - always an honor.

In most ways I am thinking of how wonderful it will be to return. In some ways, though, I am hesitant about how much time has passed and where we will fit in.

My time in Kyiv was like nothing else. God has blessed Maurie and I with the opportunity to return and I plan on soaking it up.

No comments: